We are looking for an experienced Scribe to join our team!
Kanan Medical is a 6,000 square foot state of the art Multi-Specialty Medical Office with Primary Care, Dermatology and a full service Laboratory located in Altamonte Springs. We have PT/FT, three locations, and some shifts may be required at different locations.
We provide the best in first class medicine including internal medicine, family practice appointments, and medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology services. We also have women’s health, in-house procedures and labs, and a variety of other health maintenance services. Just under 5 years old, the practice has grown to over 14,000 active patients serving all Greater Orlando and the Seminole County region.
Kanan Medical has cultivated a warm, welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere for patients and staff alike by putting patient care and employee satisfaction as the highest priority and constant focus in the mission of the practice.
JOB OVERVIEW: Medical Scribes are individuals trained in medical documentation who assist physicians throughout their shift to increase efficiency and the productivity of the medical provider they are working for.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with the preparation of encounter folders for your medical team.
- Thoroughly and accurately record all elements of patient encounters, included but not limited to: history of present illness, review of systems, past medical history, satisfaction of Quality Measures, physical exam, and diagnostic findings.
- Performs other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned. Scanning in any patient documentation directly into the patients chart.
- Preparing the patient discharge instructions such as prescriptions, referrals letters and orders.
- Inform billing department of additional services provided in the room that cost an additional charge for accurate collections at end of visit.
- .Oversight of clinical inboxes, review with providers and delegation of tasks.
- Follow prescription refill procedures.
- Following and facilitating the review of clinical diagnostics with provider and sending normal lab results to medical assistant or abnormal to admin team for scheduling.
- Complete all charts by end of day to avoid billing delay.
- Complies with medical facility policies, including those relating to HIPAA and OSHA.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures.
- Adhere to employer work practices as described in Kanan Medical Policy and Handbook.
- Follow HIPAA practices and maintain patient confidentially in and out of the office.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
- Submit staff conflict or practice procedure issues through management.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bilingual in Spanish and English a Plus
Office hours 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Altamonte MD 460 E. Altamonte Dr Ste 2200 Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
New Smyrna Beach MD 265 N Causeway Blvd New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
Orange City MD 265 Rebecca Lane Suite A Orange City, FL 32763
Job Types: Full-time/ Weekends
Salary: Depends on Experience
Job Type: Full-time/Part-Time
- Prepare patients for examination, take vitals, and record patients’ health history
- Check-out patients, assist with referral processing, and arrange laboratory services with outside laboratory and internal laboratory
- Set-up EKG machines, administer injections and medications, and perform routine specimen collection and tests
- Perform phlebotomy as ordered by the provider
- Perform POC tests included but not limited to strep, flu, pregnancy, HbA1C.
- Prepare equipment and examination rooms, and clean instruments
- Assist physician with medical treatments, procedures, and exams
- Manage inventory of medical supplies and equip exam rooms with appropriate supplies
- Assist with the preparation of encounter folders/charts for your medical team
- Interview patients and document full medical history including but not limited to health history, surgical history, pregnancy history, family etc.
- Preparing the patient discharge instructions such as prescriptions, referrals letters and orders
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Scanning in any patient documentation directly into the patients chart.
- Arrange hospital admissions and -laboratory services
- Assist providers during medical examinations
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Complies with medical facility policies, including those relating to HIPAA and OSHA
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant
- Knowledge of medical office systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency with Electronic Medical Record System | Athena