National Women’s Health Week
It’s never too early or late to work toward being your healthiest you! This National Women’s Health Week, we want to help you take control of your health.
Take the first step and schedule your appointment with Altamonte MD today!
Our wonderful and skilled providers offer several women’s health services including, but not limited to:
- Pap Smears
- Pelvic Exams
- Breast Exams
- Pregnancy Testing
- Birth Control
According to by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health, here are a few steps to improve your physical and mental health:
- Visit a doctor or nurse for a well-woman visit (checkup) and preventive screenings.
- Get active.
- Eat healthy.
- Pay attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing stress.
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, texting while driving, and not wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet.
How can I participate in National Women’s Health Week?
The Office on Women’s Health invites women across the country to:
- Spread the word through social media with our easy-to-use resources. Use the #NWHW hashtag.
- Join the National Women’s Health Week Thunderclap.
- Take the National Women’s Health Week quiz to learn about your health style.
- Organize events or activities.
- Learn what steps you should take for good health based on your age.
For more information on how you can get involved and celebrate National Women’s Health Week please follow this link.